Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Ghostly Love

Here I am with another story! But this time it's really short and simple! I think my head was about to explode after writing the last one before this, so I think my mind wanted to make a simple and short story this time.

The story revolves around Jamie who has just bought a house, but got an unwanted roommate in form of a poltergeist. I will say no more because the story is so short.

I came up with this last night so it doesn't have any deeper thoughts behind it. Just take it for what it is: a short story about complicated love.




There he stood and stared at his car keys which were flying around the room in thin air. A annoying laugh echoed in the room as the keys clattered around him. It was as if the keys were mocking him as they danced a cheerful dance across the room.

“Cut it out! I have to go to work!” Jamie yelled irritated.

The cheerful and annoying laugh echoed again.

“Try to catch me if you want them!”

“I don’t have time, stupid brat! I have to hurry! Now give them back!”

Tristan didn’t listen and materialized so that Jamie could see his transparent form. He flashed that beautiful boyish smile and sank to the floor and tossed the keys to Jamie.

“You’re boring. When you moved in I had hoped that you would give me some entertainment. But no. You’re just boring.”

“Shut up, you little shit!”

The 22 year old Jamie hurried out through the door but as he was about to close it behind him the door slammed shut and locked on its own. Jamie stared at it for a while but snapped out of it and hurried to his car to drive to work.

Jamie cursed his fate. He had dreamed about a small house of his own on the countryside where he could relax from his busy job as a salesman at a store where they sold home electronics. The store was located on a busy street in a big city, and he had taken a loan to buy himself a small house where he could just take it easy and let all the stress go. But he had had bad luck at selecting a house. He had gotten an unwelcomed roommate.

It was a poltergeist named Tristan who was 18 years old in human years, and he had died in that house just one year before Jamie bought it. Tristan loved to tease Jamie and at some points he had tried to hit on him. Jamie was sure that Tristan had been gay when he had still been alive.

Now Jamie hated that house, but he had no choice but to live there with the brat. Tristan was very sexual in his ways and he loved to tease Jamie. Jamie hated to shower because he knew Tristan was watching and sizing him up.

He arrived to his job and sighed before he stepped out of the car.

Later that night he returned home. It was late and he was drunk after going out with his collegues. He couldn’t believe he had driven himself home on his own without an accident! He stumbled inside the house and felt a heavy lump in his chest. Soon Tristan would appear and start making fun of him again.

He took his shoes off and entered the kitchen where he took out another beer and then staggered into the living room where he turned on the TV and watched the news. Soon he could hear a cheerful voice call:

“Are you home, Jamie?!”

Then suddenly a head popped out from the wall and stared smilingly at Jamie. The older man just sighed. Tristan emerged from the wall and flew closer.

“Are you drunk?” he asked, and Jamie sighed heavily again.

“Just please leave me alone.”

Tristan pouted and flew even closer to sit down next to Jamie on the sofa. He reached out his transparent hand and caressed Jamie on his chin. But Tristan couldn’t feel him. He couldn’t touch living things directly. But Jamie on the other hand shuddered when Tristan touched him.

“Cut it out. You’re too cold,” he muttered, and Tristan pulled his hand away from the man.

“I’m sorry. Are you feeling okay?” the poltergeist asked, and Jamie turned his eyes on him.

“No. Why do I have to deal with you? Can’t you just disappear?” he asked, and Tristan shook his head.

“You know I’m trapped in this house until I fulfill my wish,” he answered.

“And what is that?”

“You.”

Jamie couldn’t believe what he heard. Why would Tristan want Jamie? They had only known each other for a few weeks.

“Stop joking around,” Jamie spat out, and Tristan sighed and floated up from the sofa. He took a tablecloth from one of the bookshelves and pushed it against Jamie’s lips and then pressed his own lips against the other side of the cloth. “Hey!”

Tristan made some distance between him and Jamie and chuckled.

“I’m sorry, Jamie. This is the only way I can touch you and kiss you. You know I can’t touch you directly. I’ll just go right through you,” he said with a sad smile.

“Did you just kiss me?! Why the heck did you do that for?!”

“Because I love you and you know that. You are the only one who can set me free from this house. My only wish is to be loved by the one I love. Only then will I disappear. But there is also a problem: If you would fall for me you’ll lose me forever. If you grant me my wish, I’ll disappear, and what will you do with your feelings after I’m gone?”

 “I would feel hurt,” Jamie mumbled, and Tristan closed the distance and tilted his head to look Jamie in the eyes with a heartwarming smile.

“And because I love you I don’t want you to feel hurt. So I won’t let you fall in love with me,” he whispered, and Jamie looked up at him.

And I will never ever tell you that I actually love you too, because I’m too selfish to let you go, he thought.

0 kommentarer: